Officers of the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Department recently investigated the following accidents:
- Saturday, Sept. 22, 12:30 a.m. North 700 West, Warsaw. Driver: Rana L. Brubaker, 48, 3759 S. Viking Dr., Mentone. Brubaker was southbound on CR 700 West and said she fell asleep at the wheel. The vehicle ran off of the road and struck a cement culvert. Brubaker was arrested for OWI. Damages: up to $10,000
- Friday, Sept. 21, 8:03 a.m. 205 Turkey Creek Dr., Milford. Driver: Eric R. Leedy, 34, 205 Turkey Creek Dr., Milford. Leedy was backing for his garage and left the vehicle in gear when he exited and the vehicle lurched into another vehicle in the garage. Damages: up to $2,500
- Wednesday, Sept. 19, 6:40 a.m. North 750 West and West Clifton Street. Drivers: Carl G. Bentley, 51, 7622 W. Forest Ave., Warsaw, and Lester A. Hammell, 61, 9777 W. 75 N., Kimmell. Bentley was pulling onto CR 750 West and failed to see Hammell’s vehicle. Bentley complained of hip/upper leg pain. Damages: up to $10,000
- Wednesday, Sept. 19, 8:06 a.m. East 225 South, Warsaw. Driver: Robert D. Myers, 73, 2507 E. 225 S., Warsaw. Myers backed into a parked vehicle. Damages: up to $5,000
Officers of the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Department recently investigated the following incidents:
- Sept. 20. Jared Lemler, 18, of Warsaw, reported being the victim of identity theft. Lemler went to the hospital following an auto accident and discovered his Social Security number is being used by someone in Chicago.
- Sept. 20, 9:05 a.m. A resident on Ryerson Road, Pierceton, reported finding a 1-year-old male standing in the road with no adult around.
- Sept. 20, 2:49 p.m. Jerry Brake of Cromwell reported the theft and use of checks.
- Sept. 20, 6:30 p.m. Guy J. Moore of Cromwell reported a forcible entry to his residence.
- Sept. 19, 11:15 p.m. A Cromwell woman reported being the victim of a battery.