Winona Lake and Warsaw Fire departments were called to Mount Memorial on the campus of Grace College at about 9:20 a.m. today in response to an audible alarm.
A WLFD official arriving on scene reported a smoky haze coming from one of the second floor rooms in the Mount Memorial building.
The cause of the smoke was ruled electrical and was believe to be the result of a faulty heating unit. Crews cut all power to the building and contained the problem.
Minor damage was reported and fire departments cleared the scene approximately 30 minutes later.