Officers of the Warsaw Police Department recently investigated the following:
- Sept. 11, 12:00 a.m. Penguin Point reported receiving a counterfeit $20 bill in previous weeks.
- Sept. 11, 4:06 p.m. Ana Avila, Warsaw, was arrested for never receiving her operator’s license.
- Sept. 11, 6:34 p.m. Debra Long, Warsaw, reported theft from her vehicle at IVY Tech Community College.
- Sept. 11 5:17 a.m. James Devore, Warsaw, reported a theft from his vehicle parked at Edgewater in Warsaw.
- Sept. 10, 11:26 a.m. Lizeth Silvestre, Warsaw, reported that she lost a Mexican Consular Card at Owens West Supermarket.
- Sept. 10, 4:05 p.m. Walmart in Warsaw reported a theft. One male adult was arrested.
- Sept. 10, 10:15 p.m. A driver was stopped for expired plates and police found his license to be suspended. His vehicle was impounded to Reichert’s Towingat and he was cited for DWS infraction.
- Sept. 11, 12:49 a.m. Mickey Oneill, Warsaw, reported threats and intimidation at Lake Villa Apartments.
Tuesday, Sept. 11, 9:40 p.m. Sheldon Street and Petro Drive. Drivers: Cynthia Routh, 63, 645 N. Central St. Ext., North Webster; and Melissa Fletcher, 23, 14645 SR 331, Bourbon. Routh collided with Fletcher’s vehicle. Both vehicles were towed from the scene and Fletcher was taken to Kosciusko Community Hospital for treatment. Damages: up to $5,000
Tuesday, Sept. 11, 4:06 p.m., East Winona Avenue and South Bronson Street. Drivers: Ana Avila, 23, 3761 W. Old Rd. 30 645, Warsaw; and Carl Solloway, 40, 34 Fairlane Dr., Warsaw. Avila collided with Solloway at an intersection. Avila was arrested for never receiving a driver’s license. Damages: up to $5,000
Tuesday, Sept. 11, 1:41 p.m., North Detroit Street and Chevy Way. Drivers: Randy Reese, 60, 6377 W. SR 14, Silver Lakee; and Alyssa Burke, 25, 212 S. James St. 10, Milford. Reese passed through the intersection and was hit by Burke’s vehicle. Damages: up to $25,000
Tuesday, Sept. 11, 12:19 p.m., East Center Street. Drivers: Jeffery Madding, 33, 2102 E. Market St., Warsaw; and Jennifer Winters, 29, 45 EMS R4H Ln., Pierceton. Madding was backing out and collided with Winters who was turning in to Blosser Studio. Damages: up to $10,000
Monday, Sept. 10, 7:06 a.m., North Harrison Street. Driver: Rebecca Engstrand, 33, 7771 E. 500 North, Leesburg. Engstrand veered off the road and struck tow mailboxes and a NIPSCO utility pole, then spun back into the street before stopping. Driver believed she fell asleep because she does not remember the accident. Damages: up to $25,000
Monday, Sept. 10, 10:54 a.m., West Prairie Street and South Buffalo Street. Drivers: Robert Babb, 45, 307 W. Prairie St., Warsaw; and Julie Frisbie, 37, 821 Lydia Dr., Warsaw. Both drivers went through the intersection, believing their light to be green. Babb collided with the passenger side of Frisbie’s vehicle. Damages: up to $2,500