Syracuse Police recently investigated the following accidents:
- Friday, 3:20 p.m. North Indiana Avenue and North Harrison Street, Syracuse. Drivers: Charles S. Dereck, 16, East Washington Street, Syracuse, and Jeffery A. Campbell, 52, North 200E, Milford. Dereck was riding his mo-ped on the right side of the road on Indiana Avenue and started to turn left onto North Harrison Street without looking and collided with Campbell on his 2002 Harley Davidson. Both drivers were thrown from their vehicles but not injured. Dereck was cited for unsafe lane movement and not wearing a helmet. Damages: up to $2,500
- Friday, 12:40 p.m. Railroad Avenue and Syracuse-Webster Road. Drivers: Andreja Radmanovic, 32, Chicago, Ill., and Susan L. Replogle, 58, US 6E, Nappanee. Radmanovic backed into Replogle’s vehicle. Damages: up to $2,500
- Thursday, 4:28 p.m. Parking lot at Wawasee High School. Driver: Steven H. Hilkey, 63, Golf View Drive, Nappanee. Hilkey backed a school bus into a parked vehicle registered to Daniel Villarreal, North Huntington Street, Syracuse. Damages: up to $5,000
- Monday, Sept. 3, 9:35 a.m. North Indiana Avenue. Driver: Jeanine T. Littles, 22, South Carolina, backed a semitractor into a fire hydrant. Damages: up to $1,000
Syracuse Police recently investigated the following incidents:
- Tuesday, 5:19 a.m. Josh E. Prins, North Harrison Street, Syracuse, reported his 2012 Kait mo-ped stolen. Value: $1,000
- Sunday, 8:29 a.m. Officials at Bayview Estates, South Harkless Drive, Syracuse, reported someone struck a light pole at Park Avenue and Harbor Landing in the park and broke the light pole. Value: $2,000
- Saturday, 10:17 a.m. Police were called to a Greenhaus Apartments, Syracuse, regarding the theft of a cell phone. The suspect was located and spoken to. Charges are pending the prosecutor’s review.
- Friday, 3:55 p.m. Michael Wagoner, West Washington Street, Syracuse, reported the theft of a PlayStation 3 with controller and three games. Value: $500
Syracuse Police recently made the following arrests:
- Saturday, 2:38 p.m. David Vela, 27, East Pittsburg Street, Syracuse, arrested on a charge of theft. Bond was set at $2,000. Ashley and Sean Manges, West Boston Street, Syracuse, reported the theft of a push mower and provided police with Vela’s name. He was located at The Lodge in North Webster. The mower is valued at $130
- Tuesday, Sept. 4, 4:29 p.m. Ethan Jessie, 22, Syracuse, charged with criminal trespass. Bond: $300. He violated a restraining order and was arrested for criminal trespass from a property in Syracuse.