Officers of the Warsaw Police Department recently investigated the following incidents:
- Sept. 6, 11:22 a.m. Dollar General in Warsaw reported a shoplifting.
- Sept. 6, 12:54 a.m. David Jarvis, Warsaw, reported criminal mischief at Winona Avenue.
- Sept. 6, 10:07 a.m. A Warsaw woman reported a battery at Union Street.
- Sept. 6, 4:21 p.m. Francis Tharp, Warsaw, reported a theft of under $100,000.
- Sept 6., 5:59 p.m. Bowen Center, Warsaw, reported criminal activity.
- Sept. 6, 6:02 p.m. A Warsaw woman reported domestic battery in the presence of a child less than 16 years of age.
- Sept. 6, 15:10p.m. A Warsaw woman reported stalking at Prairie Street.
- Sept. 6, 1:16 a.m. A Warsaw woman reported battery at Buffalo Street. Tarah Prater, Warsaw, was arrested on the charge.
- Sept. 7. Jeremy Mabie, Warsaw, was arrested on charges of resisting law enforcement at Main Street.
Officers of the Warsaw Police Department recently investigated the following accidents:
- Thursday, Sept. 6, 6:54 a.m. South Hand Avenue. Driver: Larry Kerschberger, 24, 529 Dogwood Dr., Arthur, Ill. Kerschberger was pulling a vehicle that was higher than the height limit of the bridge. Load struck the railroad tracks and caused damages, which were reported to Rail America. Damages: up to $25,000
- Thursday, Sept. 6, 4:57 p.m. South Detroit and East Market streets. Drivers: Jaimie Albert, 22, 502 S. Union St., Warsaw; and Paul Dawson, 42, 4617 S. SR 15, Claypool. Albert’s vehicle collided with the rear of Dawson’s vehicle. Damages: up to $5,000
- Thursday, Sept. 6, 10:25 a.m. Provident Drive. Drivers: Jerry Willington, 74, 1835 S. 675 West, Warsaw; and Deborah Starbuck, 58, 712 Hepler Dr., Warsaw. Drivers were backing out of parking spots on opposite sides of the parking lot when they collided. Damages: up to $2,500