Syracuse Police investigated the following accident and incidents and made
the following arrests:
- Wednesday, Aug. 29, 6:50 p.m. North Huntington Street, south of County Line
- Road. Drivers: Elisabeth H. Owen, 24, Coppergate Drive, Elkhart; and Rachel
- M. Thornbury, 39, North Huntington Street, Syracuse. Both drivers were
backing out of opposite driveways when Owen backed into Thornbury, who had
already backed onto the street. Damages: up to $5,000
- Monday, 4:27 p.m. Chelsea Wools, East Haiden Drive, Syracuse, reported she
- either jumped or fell from a vehicle at the Community Center on Friday evening. Police were notified after the EMS were called for medical assistance.
- Saturday, 6:07 p.m. Kirk Cramer, South Manor Drive, Syracuse, reported a missing or stolen military identification card.
- Friday, 8:20 a.m. Scherrie Duerr, Winter Haven, Fla., reported the theft of a GPS from a location on East Pickwick Drive. Value: $400.
- Monday, Aug. 27, 3:49 p.m. Kyle Young, West Boston Street, Syracuse, reported miscellaneous building supplies were removed. Value: $300.
- Monday, 11:01 p.m. Ethan D. Jessie, 22, East Fox Run, Syracuse, arrested on
- a charge of conversion. Bond: $550. He allegedly took the car key’s and gun
- safe keys from his parent’s home.
- Monday, 11:42 a.m. Jaron W. Wiggs, 24, West Lehman Street, Milford, arrested
- for intimidation. Bond: $2,000. Wiggs threatened to harm a female who feared
- for her life from those threats.
- Monday, 2:18 a.m. Julie M. Eaton, 47, Fortville, arrested for operating a vehicle while intoxicated, refusing a chemical test. She was stopped for a traffic violation. Bond: $550.
- Friday, 2 p.m. James Salyer, 34, North Huntington Street, Syracuse, arrested for theft and possession of controlled substance, and Donal Weber III, 27, North Huntington Street, Syracuse, charged with theft. Bond set at $2,000 each. Both men were stopped leaving Syracuse Hardware, North Main Street, Syracuse, and Revolving Closet, North Huntington Street, Syracuse, with unpaid items valued at under $50.
- Friday, 12:57 a.m. Anthony C. Winnicki, 24, CR 46, New Paris, arrested for driving while suspended. Bond: $300. He was stopped for a traffic violation.
- Wednesday, Aug. 29, 11:31 a.m. Darin Weber, 39, East Fox Run Drive, Syracuse, arrested on charges of strangulation and domestic battery after police were called to his residence for a fight in progress. Bond: $2,000.