Officers of the Syracuse Police Department recently investigated the following accident:
- Monday, 8:35 a.m. East Medusa and North Front streets. Driver: Kristin M. Fisher, 55, North Front Street, Syracuse, and Walter E. Miller, 88, East Medusa Street, Syracuse. Fisher failed to yield to Miller’s vehicle. Damages: up to $10,000
Officers of the Syracuse Police Department recently investigated the following incidents:
- Sunday, 2:57 p.m. Nancy Welsh, North CR 100E, Syracuse, reported a canvas bag with money bags were removed from her vehicle while at Lances Market. Value: undisclosed
- Sunday, 11:35 a.m., Jeffery Nicodemus, North Harrison Street, Syracuse, reported the theft of a statuette from the intersection of Carroll and Front streets. Value: $50.
- Friday, 9:01 p.m. Officials at McClure’s Gas Station, South Huntington Street, reported a man on a lawn mower pulling a trailer pulled away from the gas pump when the hose became caught on the trailer light and pulled the hose from the pump.
- Tuesday, Aug. 21, 7:30 p.m. Michelle Sommers, East Greenhaus, Syracuse, reported receiving intimidating text messages.
- Monday, 5:52 p.m. Dale Raber, West Boston Street, Syracuse, reported a tackle box taken form his vehicle. Value: $200
- Monday, Aug. 20, 1:29 p.m. Ricky Trosper, SR 19, Elkhart, reported a back door was forced open and a window damaged at a residents on West Main Street.
Officers of the Syracuse Police Department recently made the following arrests:
- Saturday, 10:10 p.m. David M. Vela, 27, East Pittsburg Street, Syracuse, arrested for driving while suspended prior. He was stopped for a traffic violation. Bond: $305
- Friday, 2:15 p.m. A 14-year-old male from Milford was transported to Pierceton Woods Juvenile Detention Center after possessing a butterfly knife on school property. Probation was contacted regarding the matter and made the decision to detain the teen.
- Wednesday, 8:23 p.m. Melanie L. Stachowski, 39, North Executive Drive, Syracuse, and Stephanie Skelton, 39, East Pickwick Drive, Syracuse, were both arrested on a charge of battery on a juvenile. Bond: $500 each
- Wednesday, 12:21 p.m. Brad Niles, Jr., 25, North Huntington Street, Syracuse, was arrested on warrants for two class D felonies and two class C felonies, being a habitual offender with additional charges for possession of meth and trafficking. No bond.