Officers of the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Department recently investigated the following incidents:
- Aug. 27, 8:12 p.m. County dispatch received a call from a resident of Green Acres Mobile Home Court in reference to someone breaking windows out of a vacant trailer.
- Aug. 27, 6:35 p.m. Criminal mischief to a vehicle was reported on Woodland Lane, Warsaw.
- Aug. 27, 6:44 p.m. A Warsaw man reported his girlfriend’s ex-boyfriend broke the back window out of his truck as retaliation.
- Aug. 26, 4:05 a.m. Jill Einerwold of Fort Wayne reported a theft of a golf cart that had occurred on North Barbee Road.
- Aug. 25, 2 a.m. A caller claimed an employee of a North Webster business had been making threats to him. When police called the business they learned the subject had been fired.
- Aug. 25. Stafani Castle told police her ex-boyfriend has her vehicle and she wants it back as he may be allowing an unlicensed driver to operate it.
- Aug. 24, 3:34 a.m. Officers were called to a fire investigation in Cromwell. A shed was reportedly on fire at a property at 9925 E. Camelot Ln. Investigators found a large amount of meth trash in the area.
- Aug. 24. The Kosciusko County Highway Department reported stop signs and speed limit signs on Woodland Acres Road had been switched around a few times over the past few months.
- Aug. 24. An employee of Maple Leaf Farms reported the theft of an iPhone from a locker at work.
- Aug. 24, 10:12 p.m. Gary Tom of Syracuse reported a theft of approximately $50.
- Aug. 24, 8:10 a.m. Sasha Bolen of Silver Lake reported vandalism to a vehicle.
- Aug. 23. A battery was reported at a residence in Etna Green.
- Aug. 23. A battery was reported at a residence on Kingfisher Drive, Mentone.
- Aug. 21, 11:57 p.m. Andrea Polman reported a theft of items from a vehicle while parked in the Fox run housing addition.
- Aug. 21. James Hurd of Mentone reported the theft of prescription medications from his vehicle. He also said some of the windows in his house had been unlocked so he believes someone went into his house.
- Aug. 21. Anita Cassidy of Syracuse reported a stolen fire pit from a property she owns at 8602 E. Smith St., Syracuse, that is for sale.. Someone also went into the house and broke windows.
- Aug. 21. A Claypool man called police to say two people across the street from him were making threats to each other.
- Aug. 20. Damages were reported to a house on South Woodland Lane, Warsaw.
- Aug. 19, 6:10 p.m. A person known to be driving with a suspended license and who had been involved in a battery was observed driving on Levi Lee Road.
- Aug. 19, 2:53 p.m. The theft of a wake board was reported from a residence on EMS C25C Lane, Warsaw.
- Aug. 18. Mark Pherigo of Pierceton reported a theft of a utility trailer, tools, wheels and tires. The theft occured sometime between Aug. 16-18.
- Aug. 17. William Shock of Pierceton reported a credit card fraud.
- Aug. 4, 1:26 a.m. A battery involving an injury was reported.
- Aug. 2. A battery was reported at an address on EMS B7 Lane, Leesburg.
- Aug. 1. A Warsaw woman reported being battered by her landlord. The landlord has been trying to get the woman to move out of the house due to a septic problem.
The following accident was recently investigated by officers of the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Department:
- Monday, Aug. 20, 12:16 p.m. SR 15 South, Silver Lake. Drivers: Zachery R. Kerr, 23, 10491 S. Pearson Blvd., Silver Lake; and Kelly J. Owens, 29, 3410 W. SR 14, Silver Lake. Kerr was southbound on SR 15 and drifted over the center line, colliding with Owens’ vehicle. Damages: up to $10,000