Officers of the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Department recently investigated the following accident:
- Tuesday, Aug. 21, 7:50 a.m. Bowser Road and CR 300 East, Syracuse. Driver: Melvin R. Reyes, 47, Syracuse. Reyes was westbound on Bowser Road on a motorcycle and, due to fog, failed to see a curve. Damages: up to $5,000
Officers of the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Department recently investigated the following incidents:
- Aug. 21, 7:13 a.m. Robert Gilyrod, Syracuse, reported his dog was stolen.
- Aug. 21, 7:32 a.m. A Claypool woman reported being battered.
- Aug. 16. Ryan Miller of Elkhart reported vandalism to a trailer at Meadow Acres Trailer Park, South SR 13. A liquid, similar to ink, was splattered on the outside of the trailer.
- Aug. 12, 2:29 a.m. A Warsaw woman reported being battered and sustained physical injuries.
- Aug. 20, 7:07 p.m. A juvenile was reportedly bitten by a neighbor’s pit bull on South County Farm Road, Warsaw.
- Aug. 20, 6:05 p.m. A Warsaw woman reported being battered.
- Aug. 20, 9:10 a.m. A Leesburg man was arrested for OWI and for being a habitual traffic offender.
- Aug. 20, 7:16 p.m. Alicia Schmidt, North Webster, reported the theft of multiple medications from her purse.
- Aug. 21. A report of harassment was taken.
- Aug. 17, 9:22 a.m. A natural death was reported on West Forrest Avenue, Warsaw.
- Aug. 19, 6:58 p.m. Carlos Hernandez of Warsaw ran from an officer then physically resisted being arrested.
- Aug. 1, 11:55 a.m. Don Somers of North Webster reported a theft from his vehicle.
- Aug. 15, 8:45 a.m. Thomas Miller of Leesburg reported items stolen from a safe in his residence.
- Aug. 12, 12:54 p.m. A report of cruelty to an animal was reported in Syracuse. Sean Worboys said his soon to be ex-wife killed his dog.
- Aug. 11, 11:19 p.m. Michael E. Maggart, Warsaw, reported a harassment.
- Aug. 20, 7:01 p.m. Dave Garber of Warsaw reported a theft from his boat.
- Aug. 20, 10:12 p.m. Fawn Baughman, Warsaw, was hit by a vehicle at Wooster Road and Joshua Drive.
- Aug. 17, 3:14 a.m. Ryan Smith of Peru reported a theft of a TV and a motorcycle tire from an apartment on East Wooster Road.
- July 19, 6:45 p.m. An order of protection was served to a Pierceton resident.
- Aug. 4. Tammy Bradley of Claypool reported a theft from her residence.
- Aug. 15. Marcus Neer of Warsaw reported a missing video game system and prescription medications after his ex-girlfriend moved out.