Officers of the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Department recently investigated the following incidents:
- Aug. 16, 7:36 a.m. David Alderfer of Mentone reported a theft from a residence.
- Aug. 16, 8 a.m. Wilby’s Mini Mart, Mentone, reported an unknown person cashed in a roll of pennies in a dime wrappers.
- Aug. 16, 3:11 p.m. A Warsaw man reported another man made verbal threats toward him via the telephone.
- Aug. 16, 6:01 p.m. Phillis J. Slone of Warsaw reported someone was using her information to obtain utility service.
- Aug. 16, 7:55 p.m. Police were called to the 4000 block of East CR 725 South where a suspected allegedly pointed a gun at another person.
- Aug. 15, 6:28 p.m. A Warsaw man reported a juvenile causing damage to a vehicle.
- Aug. 15, 6:49 p.m. While attempting to serve a trespass warning, a female was found to be suspended prior and was arrested.
- Aug. 12, 12:20 a.m. A Mentone woman reported an incorrigible juvenile and asked police for help.
- Aug. 12, 9:11 p.m. A custody complaint was reported.
- Aug. 11, 8:38 p.m. Ben Brunner of Syracuse reported the theft of gasoline and a wakeboard from his boat and shed.
- Aug. 10, 7:44 p.m. Todd Bricker of Sidney reported the theft of a crossbow from his garage.
- Aug. 10, 10:30 p.m. Austin Mitchell, 21, of Silver Lake, was involved in a crash at SR 13 and CR 600 East. It was determined during the investigation that Mitchell was operating with a suspended prior learner’s permit and no insurance.
- Aug. 10, 8:30 p.m. Brodrick Coy, 18, of Milford, was involved in an accident on Orn Road near Milford. It was determined Coy did not have a driver’s license.
Officers of the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Department recently investigated the following accidents:
- Wednesday, Aug. 15, 4:12 p.m. 177 EMS W17 Lane, North Webster. Driver: Cynthia K. Routh, 63, 645 N. Center Street Ext., North Webster. Routh was operating a Wawasee Community School Corp. school bus and backed into a vehicle. Damages: up to $5,000
- Wednesday, Aug. 15, 2:28 p.m. CR 300 East and Armstrong Road, Leesburg. Drivers: Thomas J. Mullins, 71, 1106 Henry St., Huntington; and Jon R. Unger, 61, 8601 W. Tulip Tree Dr., Muncie. Mullins was driving over the center line and struck Unger’s vehicle. Mullins was treated for low blood sugar. Damages: up to $5,000
- Sunday, Aug. 12, 1:11 p.m. CRs 500 North and 700 East. Drivers: Thomas L. Simpson, 42, 4992 N. Sullivan Rd., Leesburg; and James H. Shelby, 71, 116 McClelland Rd., Greenfield. Simpson rear-ended Shelby’s vehicle when Shelby slowed to make a turn. Damages: up to $5,000