The following incidents were recently investigated by officers of the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Department:
- Aug. 15. A Silver Lake man resident reported the theft of jewelry.
- Aug. 15. Martin Eldon of Mentone reported a break-in to his barn and the theft of a cement mixer, dog cage and electric motors.
- Aug. 1, 11:47 a.m. Dexter Wise of Rochester reported a theft of a 1970 mini tractor from a yard in Mentone.
- Aug. 12, 2:30 p.m. A hit and run was reported on EMS T33 Ln., Leesburg. The suspect vehicle and plate number was obtained and given to police.
- Aug. 6, 9:56 a.m. Cecil Meade of North Webster reported the theft of tools from a tool bag that was in his yard.
- Aug. 6, 2:58 p.m. A Connersville, Ind., woman called to report forgery. The suspect is a resident of Warsaw.
- Aug. 6, 3:18 p.m. A Cromwell man was cited for driving without an operator’s license after he had an accident on Armstrong Road. Police say it appears Nathan Megething, 18, was westbound on Armstrong Road when he lost consciousness and drove into a bean field.
- Aug. 11, 4:35 p.m. Chad Fiorentino, 41, Milford, was found stumbling in a street in Syracuse, barely able to stand. Fiorentino was arrested for public intoxication.
The following accident was investigated by officers of the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Department:
- Tuesday, Aug. 14, 2:11 p.m. CR 200 West and CR 800 South, Claypool. Drivers: David L. Bacon, 73, 7444 McCliver Dr., Plymouth; and Michael J. Nix, 18, 8320 Hursh Rd., Leo. Bacon was turning north from CR 800 South and pulled in front of Nix’s vehicle, which was southbound of CR 200 West.