The following incidents were recently investigated by the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Department:
- Aug. 13, 7:18 p.m. Harvey Hayes of Silver Lake, reported the theft of an air conditioner.
- Aug. 13, 9:08 p.m. A custody complaint was reported.
- Aug. 13, 1:26 p.m. The theft of copper wire was reported from a residence on South CR 450 West.
- Aug. 12. A mo-ped wreck was investigated.
- Aug. 12. Katie Workman, 20, Cromwell, was arrested for minor consumption.
- Aug. 12, 10:21 a.m. A fight was reported at 103 N. Walnut St., Mentone.
- Aug. 12, 5:16 p.m. Dawn Parks of Warsaw reported the theft of her vehicle.
- Aug. 12, 1 p.m. A battery and theft reportedly occurred at a home at 305 E. Main St., Mentone. The victim said he was jumped by several people and his wallet was stolen.
- Aug. 11, 4:43 p.m. A drive off was reported at the Freedom Express gas station in Etna Green.
- Aug. 10, 2:09 a.m. A Leesburg woman reported being harassed.
- Aug. 10, 11:49 a.m. Ryan Smith of Milford reported a fraud.
- Aug 9, 5:16 p.m. An officer was called for several juveniles playing a road.
- Aug. 8. A battery occurred at a Warsaw day care center.
- Aug. 6, 2:58 p.m. Brenda Gradeless of Connersville reported a forgery.
- Aug. 1, 7:56 a.m. A potted plant was thrown through the front glass door of the Warsaw Tennis & Fitness facility on North SR 15. Items at the front desk were gone through, but nothing appeared to have been taken.
The following accidents were reported by officers of the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Department:
- Monday, Aug. 13, 6:19 p.m. SR 19 South and CR 700 South, Mentone. Driver: Joseph A. Manns, 33, Bourbon. Driver said he fell asleep while driving and struck a utility pole. Manns was airlifted due to his injuries. He was also cited for failing to have financial responsibility. Damages: up to $5,000
- Sunday, Aug. 12, 10:34 a.m. 2300 County Farm Rd., Warsaw. A witness told police he saw the male driver of a white Dodge Ram truck back from a parking place and collide with a parked silver Nissan. The witness obtained a license plate number when the man got out to observe the damages then drove away. Damages: up to $5,000
- Friday, Aug. 10, 8:26 p.m. Orn Road, Milford. Driver: Brodrick R. Coy, 18, North Orn Roard, Milford. Coy was driving too fast and ran off the road, striking a tree. Coy had no driver’s license or insurance. Damages: up to $5,000
- Friday, Aug. 10, 6:40 a.m. Packerton Road, Warsaw. Driver: David D. Penrod, 52, North SR 13, North Manchester. Penrod was southbound on Packerton Road when he struck a deer. Damages: up to $5,000
- Friday, Aug. 10, 10:31 p.m. SR 13, Pierceton. Drivers: Austin L. Mitchell, 21, Silver Lake; and Jason S. Whitt, 39, Noblesville. Mitchell was eastbound of SR 13 when the vehicle in front of him slammed on its brakes. Mitchell rear-ended Whitt’s car. Damages: up to $5,000