Officers of the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Department recently investigated the following accidents:
- Sunday, Aug. 5, 12:20 a.m. 3687 N. Barbee Rd., North Webster. Driver: Eric Manning, 27, 16 EMS B42F Lane, Leesburg. Officers of KCSD witnessed Manning drive into the back of a park vehicle. Blood test results are pending. Damages: up to $2,500
- Saturday, Aug. 4, 12:40 a.m. CR 1000W and SR 14W, Silver Lake. Driver: Justin Gearhart, 38, 207 S. Slaybaugh St., Akron. Gearhart struck a deer. Damages: up to $2,500
Officers of the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Department recently investigated the following incidents:
- Sunday, Aug. 5, 6:09 p.m. Kevin Rich, Warsaw, reported a stolen license plate. The plate belongs to an assembled trailer. Number: TR405HQA.
- Saturday, Aug. 4, 8:35 p.m. KCSD was dispatched to a fight in progress at North 3rd Place, Leesburg.
- Saturday, Aug. 4, 1:10 p.m. William Lefridge, Warsaw, reported the theft of $160 in cash, speakers and headphones from his unlocked vehicle on Royal Oak Court.
- Saturday, Aug. 4, 12:01 p.m. A silver Chevy Impala drove away from Freedom Express in Etna Green with $89.17 in unpaid gasoline.
- Saturday, Aug. 4, 1:25 a.m. Doug Rassi, Syracuse, reported the theft of a GPS system from his vehicle.
- Saturday, Aug. 4. Dakota Mcnees reported the theft of his welding helmet valued at nearly $200.
- Saturday, Aug. 4. A Warsaw man was detained for emergency suicide prevention.
- Saturday, Aug. 4. Shelly Keesee, Mentone, contacted KCSD in reference to a custody complaint.
- Friday, Aug. 3, 2:39 p.m. Various locations in Whispering Pines Park in Warsaw were spray painted.
- Friday, Aug. 3, 11:59 a.m. Patty Keith, Silver Lake, reported the natural death of John E. Davis, 69, Silver Lake.
- Friday, Aug. 3, 9:48 a.m. Superior Excavating, Warsaw, reported a window was shot on a John Deere tractor.
- Friday, Aug. 3. A Warsaw man reported being harassed over the telephone and the Internet by three suspects.
- Friday, Aug. 3. Julianne Runnells, Warsaw, reported she took a Delta Airlines flight from Chicago to Cancun. Upon arrival, she found a diamond necklace and diamond earrings missing from her luggage.
- Friday, Aug. 3. Carlos Ybarra, Warsaw, reported his car was vandalized.
- Thursday, Aug. 2 KCSD was called to assist Etna Green Fire Department with a car fire. A 1998 Pontiac Sunfire belonging to Darin Nelson, Nappanee, was burned.
- Wednesday, Aug. 1. Enrique Perez-Nunez, 19, Warsaw, was cited for operating a vehicle while never receiving a license.
- Tuesday, July 31, 1:38 p.m. KCSD was dispatched to a burglary to the home of Tim and Donna Bowling, N 450E, Syracuse. The porch door glass had been broken out and entry was made into the home. Two televisions, an iPod Nano and various jewelry was stolen.
- Tuesday, July 31, 12:33 p.m. Gene and Charles Marshall, Leesburg, reported the theft of a flat sceen and LCD television from their residence on E 550N.
- Monday, July 30, 12:01 p.m. The manager of McClure Oil, Silver Lake, reported a man left without paying for $50.07 in gasoline. The suspect later returned and paid through mail service.
- Thursday, July 26, 10:47 a.m. Kim Kelley, Warsaw, reported the theft of her wallet from her vehicle parked at Connections Church. The wallet contained several pieces of personal information including checks and social security numbers.
- Friday, July 20. Shane Arthur, Pierceton, reported the theft of an iPod, change, several knives and a flashlight from his vehicle.
- Sunday, July 8. Tom Simison of Simison Trucking LLC, Warsaw, reported a hit and run accident that damaged one of his semi-trucks.
- Sunday, July 8. Jack Slater, Warsaw, contacted the KCSD to report the theft of a 1995 Oldsmobile.