Officers of the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Department recently investigated the following accidents:
Tuesday, July 17, 4:48 p.m. 221 W. Main St., Warsaw. Driver: Ryan L. Petty, 31, 3027 E. Prestwick Rd., Winona Lake. Driver was backing down a graded concrete drive and struck the curb. When he tried to pull forward the vehicle lunged and struck a concrete post. Damages: up to $2,500
Tuesday, July 17, 10:40 p.m. Crystal Lake Road and Parks Schram Road. Driver: Pearl Maish, 55, 180 S. CR 400 W., Warsaw. Maish was making a left turn and traveled off the side of the road striking a utility pole, causing the vehicle to travel up the guide wire. Maish said she had been feeling ill just before the accident. Damages: up to $10,000
Officers of the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Department recently investigated the following incidents:
- Tuesday, July 18, 5:30 p.m. A Pierceton woman was reportedly raped. The investigation is continuing.
- Monday, July 16, 6 a.m. Curt Coffman of Chapman Lake, Warsaw, reported the theft of money from his vehicle.
- Monday, July 16, 8:29 a.m. Fred Slyford of Fort Wayne reported a GPS unit taken from his vehicle while it was parked on Chapman Lake Drive overnight.
- Monday, July 16, 4:11 p.m. Diane Gustafson, Warsaw, reported a burglary and theft from her home. Electronics and a coin jar were stolen.
- Monday, July 16. John R. Scott, Syracuse, reported a vehicle had been stolen from his residence. The car was located in Manatee County, Fla., and one of the two suspects, Brandon Taylor, 21, North Webster, was later arrested on an outstanding warrant.
- Monday, July 16, 5:55 p.m. Elkhart County Gravel, 2142 W. 300 N., Warsaw, reported a burglary. Nothing was found to be missing.
- Monday, July 16, 8:13 p.m. A Warsaw woman reported her juvenile children were physically fighting.
- Sunday, July 8, 9:52 p.m. A fight between neighbors was reported on West Kingfisher Drive.
- Sunday, July 8, 6 p.m. A burglary was reported on CR 175 E., Lot 20.