The following incidents were recently investigated by the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Department:
- July 17, 12:09 a.m.: Sally Hobbs of E CR 200N, Warsaw, reported two subjects forced entry into her residence armed with handguns.
- July 16, 6 p.m.: Daniel White of Leesburg reported a weapon stolen from his residence.
- July 16, 6:06 p.m.: Chuck Simpson of Warsaw reported the theft of a wallet containing multiple credit cards and his driver’s license and a hardback locking briefcase containing sales information from a vehicle.
- July 16, 9:07 a.m.: Robert Smith of Westfield reported the theft of a GPS unit from a vehicle.
- July 12: Jamie Hecke of Warsaw reported being harassed via text message over a two month period.
The following accidents were recently investigated by the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Department:
- Monday, July 16, 5:56 p.m.: CR 100S, 3,000 feet west of SR 25, Warsaw. Driver: Eric Watkins, 3395 W Crystal Lake Rd., Warsaw. Watkins struck a mailbox after reportedly reaching for his cell phone. Damages: up to $10,000.
- Sunday, July 15, 5:40 p.m.: SR 13N and US30E, Pierceton. Drivers: David House, 3326 Pleasant Ave., Elkhart; Sharon Slusher, 4544 E Old Rd 30, Warsaw. House accelerated into Slusher at a stoplight, thinking his light had turned green. Damages: under $1,001.
- Sunday, July 15, 3:23 p.m.: SR 13S and US 30E, Pierceton. Drivers: Philip Balke, 208 S. Maple St., Pierceton; Penny Brown, 5567 E 650S, Pierceton. Balke struck Brown as she stopped at stop light. Balke reported possibly falling asleep. Damages: up to $5,000.
- Saturday, July 14 at 6:03 p.m.: CR 500N and EMS T7 Lane, North Webster. Drivers: Bobi Sopher, 125 EMS W30 Lane, North Webster; Elicia Kingrey, 61 EMS T7A Lane, Leesburg. Sopher did not notice that Kingrey was waiting to turn left and struck her from behind. Damages: up to $10,000.
- Saturday, July 14, 12:20 p.m.: SR 25S and CR 100S, Warsaw. Drivers: Debra Spencer, 3582 S SR 19, Mentone; Charlene Marshall, 204 N. Maorgan St., Mentone. Spencer pulled onto SR 25 in the path of Marshall after stopping at a stop sign. Damages: up to $50,000.
- Saturday, July 14, 10 a.m.: SR 13N and CR 150N, Pierceton. Drivers: Brandon Bartman, 6630 E. Iris Dr., Syracuse; Aimee Harlan, 8536 E. Asbury Lane, North Webster. Bartman struck Harlan from behind while she attempted to navigate around a turning truck. Damages: up to $5,000.
- Saturday, July 14, 6:49 a.m.: US 30W, Warsaw. Driver: Michael Gelbaugh, 224 N. Bobber Lane, Warsaw. Gelbaugh struck a deer. Damages: up to $5,000.
- Saturday, July 14, 4 a.m.: SR 13, North Webster. Driver: Jaron Moore, 19 EMS B33 Lane, Warsaw. Moore reported falling asleep behind the wheel and running off the roadway, striking a highway sign. Damages: up to $10,000.
- Friday, July 13, 4:46 p.m.: US 30E, 2,000 feet east from CR 250E, Warsaw. Drivers: Anne Hill, 308 S. Main St., Pierceton; Daniel Yeck, 11405 912 Mile Rd., Ceresco. Yeck reported slowing down for slower vehicles in front of him when Hill struck the rear of his trailer. Damages: up to $10,000.
- Thursday, July 12, 11:45 a.m.: 2535 US 30E, Warsaw. Drivers: Luis Tlahuetl, 1202 Wooster Rd., Lot 14, Winona Lake; Rex Hathaway, 6463 E 300N, Warsaw. Tlahuetl backed out of a parking spot and struck Hathaway, causing damage. Damages: under $1,001.
- Thursday, July 12, 7:16 a.m.: Armstrong Road and CR 200E. Leesburg. Drivers: John Warren, 110 N. Buffalo St., Warsaw; Wesley Johnson, 14 EMS C18 Lane, Warasw. Warren turned into the path of Johnson. Damages: up to $2,500.