The following accidents were recently investigated by officers of the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Department:
- Tuesday, July 3, 11:49 p.m. Armstrong Road and CR 200E. Leesburg. Driver: Dustin K. Catanzarite, 25, 43 EMS W30Lane, North Webster. Driver traveling westbound on Armstrong Road, stated a deer jumped out in front of him. Driver was unable to avoid collision with the deer. Damages: up to $2,500.
- Sunday, July 1, 3:52 p.m. SR 25W 100 feet south of Mill Road, Warsaw. Driver: Larry W. Bolinger, 75, 2505 Westside Drive, Warsaw, suffered minor bleeding to the elbow/lower arm. Driver traveling north on SR 25 in the area of Mill Road, a strong thunderstorm with strong winds caused a large tree limb to fall onto vehicle as it was traveling on the roadway. The tree limb struck the top of the cab of the truck with most of the damage on the drier side. Driver managed to slow the vehicle and pull to the west side of the roadway without any further damage. The driver and his wife, who was not identified, were transported by ambulance to KCH. Damages: up to $10,000.
- Sunday, July 1, 4:05 P.M. SR 13S 200 feet north of CR 725S, Sidney. Driver: Logan T. Shank, 21, 10444 Greenfield Ave., Noblesville. Driver suffered minor bleeding to the face. Driver stated he was southbound on SR 13, advised a gust of wind caused the hood of the vehicle to fly up and hit the windshield. Driver lost control of the vehicle and the vehicle spun out of control, leaving the roadway, hit the embankment before stopping. Damages: up to $10,000.
- Sunday, July 1, 6:24 a.m. North Kalorama Road, and EMS T38 Lane, Leesburg. Driver: Robert Bosstick, Jr., 50, 110 EMS T48 Lane, Syracuse. Driver was traveling north on Kalorama Road when vehicle left west side of roadway, struck a cement wall in front of the residence of 6705 N. Kalorama Road, Leesburg. Seemed disorientated and stated that he is diabetic, Driver checked by North Webster Paramdedis. Wall owned by Todd Plymate, 2880 N. Fleming Circle, Shelbyville. Damages: up to $5,000.
- Saturday, June 30, 11:25 p.m. SR 19N and CR 1000N, Nappanee. Driver: James A. Evans, 54, 3802 W 100N, Warsaw. Driver said he was traveling southbound on SR 19 when a deer crossed his path, causing his vehicle to strike the deer. Damages: up to $5,000.
- Friday, June 29, 11:04 a.m. CR 600N and Old SR 15, Leesburg. Drivers: Elaine A. Glova, 56, 2815 N. Williamson Drive, Warsaw, and Thomas M. McDowell, 42, 2160 N. Stoneburner Road, Warsaw. Glova was making a right turn onto CR 600N from Old SR 15, went too wide and hit the front of McDowell’s vehicle. Glova stated she was looking for a train and did not see the other driver sitting there. Damages: up to $5,000.