The following incidents were investigated by the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Department.
- Monday, July 2, at 12:18 a.m., Herny G. Black of Warsaw was arrested for battery.
- Sunday, July 1, at 12:00 p.m., Preston Bulcher and Tom Mackowiak, security at Jellystone Park, reported finding damage at comfort stations.
- Sunday, July 1, at 1:15 a.m., Sergi M. Church of Wayne, NJ, was arrested for public intoxication.
- Sunday, July 1, Shawn Borenstein of Pierceton reported several hundred dollars stolen from his boat.
- Saturday, June 30, at 6:28 p.m., Jasmine Adams of Warsaw reported a 17-year-old male breaking into her residence.
- Friday, June 29, at 4:30 a.m., Daniel J. White of Leesburg reported a weapon stolen from his residence.
- Thursday, June 28, at 8:53 p.m., Jane Jackson of Warsaw reported that someone listed her residence as a rental property on Craigslist without her or her husband’s authorization.
- Thursday, June 28, at 8:53 p.m., Ronald Baker of Warsaw reported unauthorized use of his debit card.
- Wednesday, June 27, at 8:52 p.m., Kenneth Tener of Nappanee reported several items stolen and a wood chipper damaged at his residence.
- Wednesday, June 27 Natalie Waddle of Warsaw reported criminal mischief to her property.
- Tuesday, June 26, Steven Culler of Syracuse was found dead in his bedroom by his coworkers after he failed to show up for work.
- Tuesday, June 26, William D. Cripe of Syracuse reported that he had received fraudulent emails from someone wanting to know his bank account information.
- Monday, June 25, at 1:43 a.m., Stephen Sommer of Pierceton reported that someone had kicked in the front door of his apartment.
- Sunday, June 24, at 2:28 p.m, Nick Melton of Warsaw reported an iPod stolen from his vehicle.
- Saturday, June 23, at 11:39 p.m., Ryan Walker of Winona Lake reported that a property damage accident in the Wal-Mart parking lot. The suspect vehicle had left the scene.
- Saturday, June 23, Matthew A Lehman of Warsaw was arrested after being found walking around a neighborhood intoxicated.
- Thursday, June 21, Krystina L. Wagner of Leesburg reported that her baby’s father had attacked her current boyfriend.
The following accidents were investigated by the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Department.
- Sunday, July 1, 6:04 p.m., SR 13 and Old Road 30, Pierceton. Driver 1: Rex L. Parrett, 51, 7930 W 600 N, Larwill. Driver 2: Barbara J. Hudson, 81, 203 E. Harrison St., Claypool. Vehicles 1 and 2 collided at the intersection of SR 13 and Old Road 30 where the stop light was not operational due to a grass fire. Damages up to $10,000.
- Saturday, June 30, 11:05 p.m., SR 10 and SR 19, Etna Green. Driver: Shelley I. Hughes, 44, 13970 Elm Rd., Bourbon. Driver did not stop at the intersection of SR 10 and SR 19 and hit the embankment on the east side of SR 19. Damages up to $5,000.
- Saturday, June 30, 9:59 a.m., 1716 S. Briarwood Dr., Warsaw. Driver: Sharon L. Smith, 65, 1716 S. Briarwood Dr., Warsaw. Driver backed into a vehicle parked in her driveway. Damages up to $2,500.
- Friday, June 29, 10:49 p.m., 756 S. Main St., North Webster. Driver: Harley A. Maples, 20, 2122 E. Jefferson St., Warsaw. The brakes went out on Driver’s vehicle. He pulled into a gas station, ran through the parking lot and a nearby field, and into the parking lot of the American Legion. He swerved to avoid a squad car exiting the parking lot and struck another vehicle. Damages up to $10,000.
- Friday, June 29, 4:45 a.m., Beaver Dam Rd., Silver Lake. Driver: Cindy L. Musselman, 47, 8332 S. Beaver Dam Lake Rd., Claypool. Driver struck a deer. Damages up to $5,000.
- Thursday, June 28, 5:58 a.m., Syracuse Webster Rd., Syracuse. Driver: Kevin L. Heiman, 28, 5850 6th Rd., Bremen. Vehicle left the roadway and collided with some trees. Damages up to $2,500.
- Wednesday, June 27, 9:43 p.m., Old Road 30 and CR 875 W, Etna Green. Driver 1: Justine L. Davis, 20, 9693 W 125 N, Etna Green. Driver 2: Timothy A. Holland, 18, 1071 Wellington St. SW, Palm Bay, Florida. Vehicle 1 struck Vehicle 2 on the driver’s side. after stopping at the northbound stop sign on CR 875 W at Old Road 30. Injured: Haleigh Eppenbaugh, 15, 437 E. High St., Etna Green, complained of pain to her leg. Damages up to $5,000.
- Wednesday, June 27, 7:44 p.m., SR 25 S and Morgan St., Mentone. Driver 1: Gary L. Romine, 61, 20449 Apple Rd., Mentone. Driver 2: Jamie Montelongo, 63, 109 N. Morgan St., Mentone. Driver 1 attempted to cross two lanes of traffic from one private drive to another and was struck by Driver 2. Damages up to $10,000.
- Monday, June 25, 5:29 a.m., US 30 E and 450 E, Pierceton. Driver: Todd L. Zartman, 51, 6263 E 775 N, Rochester. Driver struck a deer. Damages up to $2,500.
- Tuesday, June 19, 5:30 a.m., CR 100 W, Silver Lake. Driver: Jeffery W. Brubaker, 49, 11381 S 100 W, Silver Lake. Driver struck a deer. Damages up to $2,500.