The following incidents were investigated by the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Department.
- On Monday, June 18, at 12:48 a.m., Pierceton Woods Academy reported a battery of an employee and an employee’s car window broken by a juvenile.
- On Sunday, June 17, at 9:01 p.m., Kimberly Enyeart of Claypool reported falling off a golf cart and injuring her shoulder and head.
- On Sunday, June 17, at 3:57 p.m., Hannah Berg of Claypool reported that someone had attempted to throw eggs at her house.
- On Sunday, June 17, at 1:10 p.m., Pam McCord of Claypool reported the front windshield of a vehicle she had for sale was broken out.
- On Sunday, June 17, at 10:20 a.m., a Claypool woman reported that a South Whitley man had violated a protective order.
- On Sunday, June 17, at 9:58 a.m., Beverly Mitchell of Warsaw reported an unattended death.
- On Sunday, June 17, at 9:26 a.m., an Etna Green resident reported that a juvenile suspect had attacked another juvenile.
- On Sunday, June 17, at 8:24 a.m., David Dishman of North Webster reported that someone broke a window in an attempt to gain access to his residence.
- On Sunday, June 17 at 8:01 a.m., Apted Harper of Mentone reported that someone wrote on two of his vehicles with a crayon.
- On Sunday, June 17, at 7:21 a.m., a Pierceton woman reported that someone had made a statement on Facebook that she took as a threat. A suspect was named.
- On Saturday, June 16, at 5:27 p.m., Victor Hopkins Jr. of Pierceton reported that someone had thrown a water bottle out of a vehicle which struck and broke his windshield while he was driving.
- On Saturday, June 16, at 3:32 p.m., a North Webster Police Department vehicle collided with a North Webster Fire Station truck in front of the fire station.
- On Saturday, June 16, at 2:59 p.m., Donna Wiktorwski a purse stolen from a motor vehicle.
- On Friday, June 15, at 11:17 p.m., a North Webster woman reported a possible fight involving a child being hurt.
- On Tuesday, June 12, officers were dispatched to 1816 Sharon St. in Warsaw regarding a natural death.
- On Tuesday, June 5, Todd Hoffman of Silver Lake, owner of the Silver Lake Agri-Center, reported that someone had taken more than $70,000 and an unknown amount of miscellaneous items. A suspect was named.
The following accidents were investigated by the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Department.
- Sunday, June 17, 10:31 a.m., CR 350 N and CR 100 E, Warsaw. Driver 1: Thomas M. Morcombe, 19, 104 Courtland, Lapaz. Driver 2: Maria Hernandez De Leyra, 49, 3699 N 175 E Lot 23, Warsaw. Vehicle 1 struck the rear of vehicle 2 at a stop sign. Driver 1 stated that his brakes were wet and did not work. Damages under $1,001.
- Saturday, June 16, 11:15 p.m., Armstrong Rd. and EMS T12 Ln., North Webster. Driver 1: Shelbourne M. Brown, 16, 1017 W 52nd, Indianapolis. Driver 2: Branden L. Bunsold, 31, 6265 N 300 E, Leesburg. Driver 1 stated that she was struck by Driver 2 as she turned right onto Armstrong Rd. She stated that she did not stop because there was no stop sign. Driver 2 stated that he was struck by Driver 1 on the passenger side. There is normally a stop sign at this intersection, but it was missing at the time of the accident. Damages up to $5,000.
- Saturday, June 16, 5:25 p.m., 18 EMS D 25 Ln., Syracuse. Driver: Julie A. Miller, 29, 12734 N 1025 W, Nappanee. Driver heavily damaged garage door when she confused accelerator with brake pedal and struck door. Damages up to $10,000.
- Saturday, June 16, 1:40 p.m., CR 250 E, Milford. Driver 1: Riley M. Price, 18, 12528 N 250 E, Milford. Driver 2: Gary P. Prater, 40, 594 W 1300 S, Silver Lake. Diver one entered the road from his driveway and was struck by Driver 2, who was already on 250 E headed north. A passenger in Driver 2’s vehicle left the scene of the accident due to having warrants for his arrest. Driver 2 did not have a valid driver’s license at the time of the accident. Injured: Driver 2 complained of knee pain and was transported to Kosciusko Community Hospital by ambulance. Damages up to $10,000.
- Saturday, June 16, 6:45 a.m., CR 850 E, Pierceton. Driver: David W. Teel, 50, 2728 N 1000 W, Cromwell. Driver ran off the roadway to avoid hitting a deer. He went down the embankment and struck several trees. Damages up to $10,000.
- Tuesday, June 12, 9:21 a.m., Armstrong Rd., Leesburg. Driver: William A. Denton, 42, 1836 Kocher St., Huntington. Driver ran off the roadway and struck two utility poles, a phone junction box and a mailbox. Injured: Rebekahanne Denton, 24, complained of back and leg pain. She was transported to Kosciusko Community Hospital Damages up to $50,000.
- Friday, June 1, 9:54 p.m., Old US 30, Warsaw. Driver: Randall E. Schumann, 53, 5995 W 700 N, Larwill. Driver struck a deer. Damages up to $2,500.