The following incidents were investigated by the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Department.
- On Wednesday, June 13, at 7:26 p.m., an Etna Green woman reported a man, also of Etna Green, violating an active restraining order.
- On Wednesday, June 13, at 5:42 p.m., Tommy Edwards of Claypool reported finding his father had passed at his residence.
- On Wednesday, June 13, Phyllis Grimes of Leesburg reported a window screen broken out of the frame at her residence.
- On Tuesday, June 12, at 4:00 p.m., Michael A. Glunt of Pierceton reported a battery.
- On Monday, June 11, a minor contacted the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Department and reported abuse. Investigating officers found no evidence to substantiate the claim, and it was determined a report would be forwarded to the probation department for incorrigibility.
The following accidents were investigated by the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Department.
- Wednesday, June 13, 8:33 p.m., CR 100 E and CR 300 N, Warsaw. Driver 1: Skianne M. Kinsey, 18, 3331 17th Rd., Bourbon. Driver 2: Travis R. Yeiter, 19, 876 Raintree Rd., Warsaw. Driver 1 was traveling west on CR 300 N. She thought the intersection at CR 100 E was a four-way stop. She proceeded into the path of Driver 2. Damages up to $10,000.
- Wednesday, June 13, 7:35 p.m., CR 450 N and Chapman Lake Dr., Warsaw. Driver: Dawn M. Griffith, 42, 13 EMS B20B Ln., Pierceton. Driver struck a deer. Damages up to $2,500.
- Wednesday, June 13, 6:34 a.m., CR 700 W, Burket. Driver: Michael D. Patrick, 19, 9871 S. Field Ln., Akron. Driver believes he fell asleep and left the roadway, driving through a corn field. Damages up to $2,500.
- Monday, June 11, 4:53 a.m., CR 1350 N, Nappanee. Driver: Joshua B. Hochstetler, 20, 30802 County Road 56, Nappanee. Driver swerved to avoid a collision with another vehicle traveling in the opposite direction which was passing a bicyclist. He struck a mailbox, went back across the roadway, and came to rest in a field. Damages under $1,001.