The following incidents were investigated by the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Department.
- Monday, June 11, a Warsaw man contacted the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Department in reference to another Warsaw man he believes is molesting his daughter.
- Sunday, June 10, at 8:06 p.m., Patricia Wilson of Fort Wayne reported that her dog was attacked by another dog. She identified the owner of the attacking dog.
- Sunday, June 10, at 7:47 p.m., Caleb Stephens of Claypool reported that he had found a gun.
- Sunday, June 10, at 7:20 p.m., Pierceton Woods Academy reported a battery that occurred at their location. A suspect has been named.
- Sunday, June 10, at 7:00 p.m., Sally J. Hobbs of Warsaw reported several items stolen from her residence. A suspect has been named.
- Sunday, June 10, Ron Maish of Warsaw reported several credit cards missing and fraudulent activity on each of them.
- Sunday, June 10, Gary Miller, Jr. of Warsaw reported prescription medication stolen from his residence.
- Saturday, June 9, at 9:12 p.m., Lara L. Weitzel of North Manchester reported a family fight.
- Saturday, June 9, at 6:45 p.m., Judie L. Witham of Rochester was arrested for habitual traffic violation after being found driving without a seat belt.
- Saturday, June 9, Dawn Jayne of Silver Lake reported a fight at her residence a few days earlier.
- Saturday, June 9, a Leesburg woman reported a minor being inappropriately touched. She named a suspect.
- Friday, June 8, at 12:23 p.m., Jennifer Hall of Warsaw reported fraudulent purchases made on her credit card.
- Friday, June 8, Jackie Slater reported a fraudulent debit card taken out in Tia Slater’s name. Suspects were named.
- Thursday, June 7, Claudia Ochoa of Warsaw was arrested for driving without a license after being stopped for speeding.
- Wednesday, June 6, at 5:08 a.m., Christina M. Castillo of Winona Lake reported an intoxicated male knocking on her windows and yelling.
- Tuesday, June 5, at 8:14 p.m., Glenn Burkett of Mentone reported a step ladder stolen from his residence. A suspect has been named.
- Tuesday, June 5, Brian Carter of Warsaw reported a wallet containing cash, credit cards, and license stolen from his unlocked vehicle.
- Sunday, June 3, Harold Lent of Sidney reported a motorcycle stolen from his residence. The motorcycle was later recovered and returned.
- Wednesday, May 30, at 9:49 p.m., Christopher Blondeel reported that he was threatened via telephone. A suspect has been named.
- Wednesday, May 30, at 5:00 p.m., Gino D. Chiappelli of Warsaw was cited for driving on a suspended license.
The following accidents were investigated by the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Department.
- Sunday, June 10, 8:45 p.m., CR 550 S, Warsaw. Driver 1: Trevor N. Delacruz, 16, 6275 S County Farm Rd., Claypool. Driver 1 left the roadway, striking a wooden post and a large trash can. Damages up to $10,000.
- Sunday, June 10, 3:25 a.m., CR 950 S and CR 500 W, Silver Lake. Driver 1: James T. Marshall, Jr., 25, 204 W Center St., Burket. Driver fell asleep and left the roadway, striking a fence. Damages up to $5,000.
- Saturday, June 9, 11:42 p.m., Brown Ln., Warsaw. Driver 1: James F. Christian, 35, 610 W Winona Ave., Warsaw. Driver was northbound on Brown Ln. and did not realize it was a dead-end road. Driver went off the roadway and struck a tree. He was arrested for operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated and driving on a suspended license. Damages up to $5,000.
- Saturday, June 9, 10:12 p.m., SR 25 S, Warsaw. Driver 1: Richard L. Gundrum, 55, 121 Point East Ln, Logansport. Driver struck a deer. Damages up to $2,500.
- Saturday, June 9, 1:57 p.m., SR 15 S and CR 1200 S, Silver Lake. Driver 1: Mark A. Meyer, 48, 1051 N SR 15, Wabash. Driver 2: Teresa A. Gable, 49, 12499 N 300 W, North Manchester. Driver 2 braked in order to make a left-hand turn. Driver 2’s brake lights on the left side were not functioning, showing only the right side brake light. Driver 1 mistook the brake light for a right turn signal, and attempted to pass Driver 2 on the left. Driver 2 turned directly into Driver 1. State Road 15 is clearly marked a no passing zone in this area. Damages up to $5,000.
- Saturday, June 9, 8:34 a.m., CR 100 N, Pierceton. Driver 1: Jason E. Schmidt II, 16, 319 E Huntington St., North Webster. Driver went off the roadway and struck a large stump on the edge of the road, overturning the car. Driver was operating the vehicle with a learner’s permit and did not have a licensed driver with him. Damages up to $2,500.
- Tuesday, June 5, 10:20 p.m., SR 15 S, Warsaw. Driver 1: Sage A. Butzin, 19, 6505 E 1300 N, Roann. Driver was sideswiped by a vehicle travelling the opposite direction on SR 15. Driver was not able to get a description of the vehicle, which did not stop. Damages under $1,001.