The following accidents were investigated by the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Department.
- Thursday, June 7, 2:45 p.m., CR 800 N and CR 800 W, Etna Green. Driver 1: Roger L. Disher, 67, 71986 County Road 11, Nappanee. Driver fell asleep at the wheel and ran off the road, striking the guide wires for a NIPSCO pole, a fence, and a parked truck at 8065 N 800 W. Damages up to $5,000.
- Monday, June 4, 10:10 p.m., US 30 E, Etna Green. Driver 1: Scott R. Marrow, 43, 455 Trout Road, Batavia, IL 60510. Driver struck a deer. Damages up to $2,500.
- Monday, June 4, 4:30 a.m., CR 200 W and CR 600 S, Claypool. Driver 1: Jennifer L. Rose, 34, 104 W Noah St., Claypool. Driver struck a deer. Damages under $1,001.
- Sunday, June 3, 1:45 p.m., SR 15 S, Syracuse. Driver 1: Chritine S. York, 49, 4738 W 800 N, Roann. Two deer ran into the roadway. Vehicle struck one of them. Damages up to $5,000.
- Sunday, June 3, 2:33 a.m., 3620 Barbee Rd., Warsaw. Driver 1: Kyle S. Wagner, 24, 94 EMS B6 Lane, Leesburg. Driver 2: Serena E. Yocom, 23, 4366 N 700 E, Leesburg. Driver 1 exited Danny’s Sports Bar and got into his car after drinking at the bar for some time. He did donuts in the parking lot and struck two parked, unoccupied cars. Then, as he exited the bar’s parking lot, he struck the front driver side of Driver 2’s vehicle. He fled the scene and was involved in another accident half a mile down the road. Damages up to $10,000.
- Friday, June 1, 11:00 p.m., CR 100 N and CR 575 E, Warsaw. Driver 1: Taryn Coy, 26, 993 N 500 E, Syracuse. Driver swerved to avoid a deer and left the roadway, causing damage to soybean plants that were in a field adjacent to the road. Damages under $1,001.
- Friday, June 1, 9:30 p.m., CR 700 S, Warsaw. Driver 1: Sophia E. McMillan, 17, 416 W Winona Ave., Warsaw. Vehicle was struck on the passenger side by a deer that ran into the road. Damages up to $2,500.
- Friday, June 1, 1:23 p.m., CR 1350 N and CR 700 W, Nappanee. Driver 1: Micah D. Wright, 40, 59510 Ridgewood Dr., Goshen. Driver 2: Paula J. Korsmo, 45, 751 Jessica Ct., Nappanee. Driver 1 stopped at the intersection of 1350 N and 700 W, believing that the intersection was a four-way stop. The intersection is a two-way stop. Driver 2 did not stop at the intersection because she had no stop signs and struck Vehicle 1 as it entered the intersection. Damages up to $10,000.
- Thursday, May 31, 5:30 p.m., SR 13 N, Pierceton. Driver 1: Mitchell R. Smith, 20, 745 E Camp Mack Road, Milford. Driver 2: Alan E. Leinbach, 64, 5417 N 900 E, North Webster. The driver of Vehicle 1 was distracted and rear-ended Vehicle 2. Damages up to $2,500.
- Thursday, May 31, 6:10 a.m., Seth Ward Road, Syracuse. Driver 1: Nancy J. Swank, 47, 12169 N Chickasaw Dr., Syracuse. Driver struck a deer. Damages up to $2,500.
- Tuesday, May 29, 5:10 pm., Armstrong Road and CR 200 E, Leesburg. Driver 1: Kelly L. Weed, 36, 106 Pittsbug St., Apt. 1, Syracuse. Driver 2: Elrose M. Peachey, 61, 1099 E 5th B Road, Bremen. Driver 1 was stopped at a stop sign and did not see Driver 2 approaching the intersection. She started into the intersection before seeing Driver 2 and struck his vehicle. Injured: Driver 1 sustained minor scratches to his right forearm. Driver 2 sustained minor lacerations to her shin. Both refused medical attention. Damages up to $10,000.
- Monday, May 28, 5:24 p.m., SR 13 N, Pierceton. Driver 1: Scott L. Larue, 50, 7625 E 150 S, Pierceton. Driver 2: James E. Stonebraker, 69, 287 Posey Hill, Roanoke. Driver 1 and his passenger were thrown from their motorcycle when they ran into the back of Vehicle 2. They were transported to Lutheran Hospital in Fort Wayne by ambulance. Injured: Driver 1 complained of chest pains. Kaityn Larue, 19, suffered an abrasion to her arm. No injuries to Driver 2. Damages up to $10,000.
The following incidents were investigated by the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Department.
- Thursday, June 7, Derek K. Sauer of Etna Green reported fraudulent activity on his debit card.
- Tuesday, June 5, at 11:00 a.m., Carol A. Besson of Leesburg reported fraudulently opened credit card accounts.
- Sunday, June 3, officers responded to a welfare check request from Kristen Harp of Burket, stating that she believes a 23 year old mentally-challenged female of whom she is a co-guardian was being held against her will.
- Sunday, May 20, at 6:16 p.m., Rodney L. Castle of Claypool was arrested for operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated after crashing his moped.