The following accidents were investigated by the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Department.
- Wednesday, May 30, 3:25 p.m., Center St and Hickory St, Warsaw. Driver 1: Matthew S. Sherman, 27, 512 N Lake St, Warsaw. Driver 2: Randy Dawson, 41, 5076 N Bobwhite Dr, Warsaw. Driver 1 was stopped in traffic when Driver 2’s vehicle, traveling at five miles per hour, struck the rear of Driver 1’s vehicle. Damages up to $2,500.
- Wednesday, May 30, 7:41 a.m., SR 25 S and CR 400 W, Warsaw. Driver 1: Bobbie J. Phulsipher, 42, 4749 E 100 S, Pierceton. Driver 2: Cameron Phillips, 20, 2091 W 250 S, Warsaw. Drivers 1 and 2 were traveling southwest on SR 25, approaching CR 400 W. Driver 2 had to slow quickly for a vehicle that was turning in front of him. His vehicle was struck in the rear by Driver 1’s vehicle. Injured: Driver 1 complained of chest and hip pain. Damages up to $10,000.
- Tuesday, May 29, 8:30 p.m. 2371 N Rainbow Dr, Warsaw. Driver: James E. Gibson, 26, 5987 W Red Bird Ln, Mentone. Driver was turning right onto Rainbow Dr when glare from the sun caused him to leave the roadway and drive into an embankment and pole. Damages up to $2,500.
- Monday, May 28, 2:40 p.m., CR 300 E and EMS D23 Ln, Leesburg. Driver 1: Kayla M. Annerino, 19, 5914 W 90th Pl, Oak Lawn, IL 60453. Driver 2: Anthony L. Todd, 43, 60 EMS D24B Ln, Syracuse. Driver 1 attempted to make a u-turn on D23 Ln at the intersection with 300 E. She pulled into the path of Driver 2 after turning the vehicle around. Driver 2’s vehicle struck Driver 1’s vehicle. It was noted that there is a hillcrest to the south of the intersection, obstructing the view of traffic coming northbound on 300 E. Injured: Both Driver 2 and his passenger, Bernette A. Todd, 44, Syracuse, were taken to the hospital after complaining of chest pain. Damages up to $25,000.
- Monday, May 28, 11:10 a.m., SR 15 N, Leesburg. Driver 1: Andrea S. Compson, 28, 3100 Frontage Rd, Apt. 4, Warsaw. Driver 2: Jamie A. Rodriguez, 41, 110 W Garfield Ave, Goshen. Vehicle 1 struck the rear of Vehicle 2 as Driver 2 slowed in response to slowing traffic in front of him. Damages up to $5,000.
- Wednesday, May 23, 11:46 a.m., Anchorage Rd, Warsaw. Driver 1: David G. Yule, 42, 451 E 56th St, Newaygo, MI 49337. Driver 2: Andrea A. Stavedahl, 40, 1692 E 200 N, Warsaw. Driver 1 was headed southbound on Anchorage Rd and was making a left turn across northbound traffic into a private drive. Driver 2 was headed northbound and was struck by Driver 1 as he began his turn. Injured: Driver 2 complained of neck pain. Damages up to $5,000.