The following accidents were investigated by the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Department.
- Monday, May 28, 7:45 a.m., CR 100 E and Rain Treet Rd, Leesburg. Driver: Amy W. Sharp, 42, 221 W St Augustine Dr, Warsaw. Driver struck a deer. Damages up to $5,000.
- Saturday, May 26, 9:24 p.m., SR 25 N, Mentone. Driver: Kellie M. Bahney, 20, 14865 N Gilead Church Rd, Macy, IN 46951. Driver swerved to avoid a vehicle coming into her lane of travel and lost control of her vehicle, which struck a telephone utility box and overturned in a field. Damages up to $10,000.
- Saturday, May 26, 12:32 p.m., CR 1000 W and CR 900 S, Claypool. Driver 1: William Gerstner, 19, 3139 Condit St, Highland, IN 46322. Driver 2: Thomas S. Fritter, 37, 320 E Maple St, Wabash, IN 46992. Driver 1 pulled into the path of Driver 2 at the intersection, failing to yield the right of way to Driver 2. Driver 2 struck Driver 1. Damages up to $25,000.
- Saturday, May 26, 10:20 a.m., 6796 E Waco Dr, Syracuse. Driver: Bonnie L. Stoller, 58, 920 W Plymouth St, Bremen, IN 46506. Driver was backing out of the driveway at 6796 E Waco Dr when the vehicle lunged back, out of her control. The vehicle struck a tree and came to rest against 6792 E Waco Dr, the home to the north, causing damage to both the interior and the exterior of the home. 6792 E Waco Dr is owned by Elanor Organ of Marion, IN. Damages up to $10,000.
- Saturday, May 26, 10:00 a.m., 7506 E 200 N, Pierceton. Driver: Randall G. Adkins, 39, 46 EMS B20A Ln, Pierceton. Driver backed up his vehicle while talking to his brother and struck a tree with the passenger side of his vehicle. Damages up to $2,500.
- Saturday, May 26, 5:56 a.m., Old Rd 30 and CR 350 W, Warsaw. Driver: Lance R. Cain, 55, 1118 Howard St, Niles, MI 49120. Driver struck a deer. Damages up to $2,500.
- Friday, May 25, 6:33 p.m., Old Rd 30, Pierceton. Driver: Lisa R. Miller, 49, 1094 N Circle Court, Columbia City. Driver missed a turn and attempted to make it too late. She struck a pole and some rocks. Damages up to $2,500.
- Friday, May 25, 6:13 p.m., CR 600 W at CR 850 S, Burket. Driver: Thomas R. Edwards, 40, 6377 W SR 14, Silver Lake. Driver reported that he was unsure of what happened. His moped was damaged and had remnants of animal hair. Driver was transported by medics to Rochester Hospital for medical treatment. Injured: Driver suffered from head injury. Damages up to $2,500.
- Friday, May 25, 12:22 a.m., CR 100 S, Pierceton. Driver: Kevin D. Frantz, 50, 3943 E 100 S, Pierceton. Driver lost control of his motorcycle attempting to avoid three deer crossing the road. Driver reported to witnesses that he had been drinking. At the time of arrival of Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Deputies, driver was incoherent and having seizures. An alcohol blood test was requested after driver was transported to Kosciusko Community Hospital by EMS. Results of the test are pending. Injured: Driver complained of pain in his right leg. Damages up to $2,500.
- Wednesday, May 23, 5:00 p.m., Prairie St and Old 15, Leesburg. Driver 1: Angela M. Hettinger, 29, 301 S West St, Milford. Driver 2: David L. Herron, 57, 23 Yvonna St, Leesburg. Driver 1 backed her vehicle up to make room for a large truck attempting to turn left. She backed into Driver 2. Damages up to $2,500.
- Monday, May 21, 2:47 p.m., SR 15 N and Prairie St, Leesburg. Driver 1: Kari E. Brown, 31, 207 W Prairie St, Leesburg. Driver 2: Matthew D. Owens, 28, 7384 S 400 W, Claypool. Driver 1 did not see Driver 2 approaching as she pulled into his path. Driver 2 struck Driver 1. Both drivers were transported to Kosciusko Community Hospital for medical evaluation. Injured: Driver 1 complained of neck pain. Driver 2 complained of chest pain. Damages up to $5,000.
- Thursday, May 17, 9:24 a.m., US 15 S, Warsaw. Driver: Timothy C. Heckaman, 33, 1520 W 600 S, Claypool. Driver struck a deer. Damages up to $2,500.
The following incidents were investigated by the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Department.
- Monday, May 28, at 2:48 p.m., Michael D. Johnston of Syracuse reported that his vehicle was stolen while he was in custody at the Kosciusko county jail.
- Monday, May 28, at 8:52 a.m., John Horgos of Orestes, IN, reported that someone burned a section of the pier that belonged to him. The pier is located in Claypool.
- Sunday, May 27, at 4:40 a.m., police received a report of an underage drinking party at 5891 N CR 300 W, Leesburg. Upon the arrival of officers to the scene, several suspects ran from the residence.
- Saturday, May 26, at 6:19 p.m., Erin R. Briseno of Claypool reported being battered. A suspect was named.
- Friday, May 25, at 9:55 p.m. Jose Malagon-Nunez was arrested for operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated.
- Friday, May 25, at 7:07 p.m. Kevin P. Dunkin of New Paris, IN, was cited and released when officers found marijuana and a glass smoking pipe in his possession during a traffic stop. The items were confiscated.
- Thursday, May 24, at 11:00 p.m., Doug L. Weisser of Milford reported several items stolen from his barn.
- Wednesday, May 16, at 9:44 p.m., Bridget J. Castle of Etna Green reported someone breaking out a window at her residence. A suspect was named.