The following incidents were investigated by the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Department.
- Thursday, May 24, a North Webster man complained to police that his son is going to his girlfriend’s house without permission.
- Saturday, May 19, at 10:05 p.m. Anthony David Helman of North Webster was taken into custody following an incident of reckless driving on April 17.
- Wednesday, May 23, at 10:13 p.m. Robert Lewis Ditton, Jr. and John Darrell Salisbury were stopped in their vehicle by a Kosciusko County sheriff’s deputy and found in possession of marijuana. They were both arrested.
- Sunday, May 20, at 12:25 a.m. police responded to a family fight. A Syracuse man reported that he was strangled by his girlfriend’s step-father, also of Syracuse, during the fight.
- Tuesday, May 15, at 12:03 a.m. Penni Meyers of Leesburg reported rocks being thrown through the windows of her friend’s residence. Suspects fled in a silver Grand Prix.
- Wednesday, May 23, at 6:32 p.m. Timothy M. Grevenstuk of Mentone reported a fly rod with black case and some miscellaneous tools stolen from his home.
- Thursday, May 10, at 10:29 a.m. Tami Fervida of Syracuse reported several items and documents stolen after an unknown suspect forced entry into her home.
- Wednesday, May 23, at 8 a.m. Cheryl Hartman of Warsaw reported medication stolen from home.
- Wednesday, May 23, at 7:30 a.m. Amber Desomer of Milford reported a camera and deer stand stolen from her home.
The following accidents were investigated by the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Department.
- Wednesday, May 23, CR 700 W Warsaw. Driver: Eric R. Cody, 25, 522 N Franklin St, Mentone. Driver drove off roadway while attempting to change the radio station and down the embankment into a river. Damages up to $5,000.
- Wednesday, May 16, SR 15 N Leesburg. Driver: Doris E. Loy, 57, 31 EMS T15 Lane, Leesburg. Driver struck a deer. Damages up to $5,000.
- Thursday, May 17, CR 1150 N Milford. Driver Jamison L. Moseman, 23, 5 EMS D7 Lane, Syracuse. Driver ran off roadway and through a barbed wire fence, rolling her vehicle several times. She was ejected from the vehicle. Driver refused a chemical test at the scene. She was airlifted to Parkview Hospital in Fort Wayne. A search warrant was served there and blood was drawn. Charges are pending the results of the blood test. Injured: Driver complained of internal pain in the abdomen and pelvis. Damages up to $25,000.
- Thursday, May 17, CR 800 S Claypool. Driver Christopher D. Lloyd, 34, 204 15th Street, Winona Lake. Driver struck a deer on his motorcycle. Damages up to $2,500.
- Sunday, May 20, CR 850 S and CR 700 W Silver Lake. Driver: Rodney L. Castle, 43, 7708 W Swick Rd, Claypool. Driver ran off road while intoxicated. He does not remember the accident. Damages under $1,001.