North Webster, Syracuse and Leesburg Fire departments responded to a house fire at 6838 E. 600 N. in North Webster today.
According North Webster Fire Chief Jeremy Likens, the home was fully engulfed in flames when fire fighters arrived. All occupants did escape safely, but StaceyPageOnline.com is this evening learning that the homeowners, Alex and Cindy Simpson, lost most all of their belongings in the blaze.
Likens said the second story of the home was destroyed and there is extensive heat, water and smoke damage throughout. The Kosciusko County Chapter of the American Red Cross was called to assist the family, who is currently staying with other family members in North Webster.
Friends and family of the Simpsons tell StaceyPageOnline.com that the couple is caring for their 10-month-old grandson and are in need of clothing and diapers especially for him as all of his items were destroyed. Anyone wishing to donate size 12-month boys clothing, size 5 diapers and bottles can email [email protected] Men’s and women’s clothing is also welcome.
Likens said an electrical problem in an upstairs bedroom caused the fire, which spread throughout the attic. Fire crews were called at 2:18 p.m. and had the fire under control by just after 3 p.m.