By DEB PATTERSON
The 2012 Primary Election will have a few surprises for some residents. Due to redistricting efforts individuals may no longer find long time familiar district numbers or names.
In the Lakeland Area — Turkey Creek, Tippecanoe, Van Buren, Scott and Jefferson townships — are now served solely by State Representative District 22.
For the State Senate the area is served by two districts. Among the areas served by District 9 are Van Buren, Jefferson, Scott and Tippecanoe townships. Areas served by District 12 is Turkey Creek Township.
On the national level the area has had a minor adjustment for U.S. Congressional Districts. Among those areas served by U.S. Congressional District 2 are Turkey Creek, Van Buren, Scott, and Jefferson townships while District 3 includes Tippecanoe Township.
Candidates to be listed on the Republican Ballot will include:
• President — Newt Gingrich, Ron Paul, Mitt Romney, Rick Santorum
• U.S. Senator — Richard G. Lugar and Richard E. Mourdock
• Governor — Mike Pense
• U.S. Rep. District 2 (Turkey Creek, Van Buren, Scott, Jefferson ballots only) — Greg Andrews and Jackie Walorski
• U.S. Rep. District 3 (Tippecanoe Township ballots only) — Marlin A. Stutzman
• State Senator District 9 (Van Buren, Jefferson, Scott, and Tippecanoe township ballots only) — Ryan Mishler
• State Senate District 12 (Turkey Creek Township ballots only) — Carlin Yoder
• State Rep. District 22 — Jon D. Hare and Rebecca Kubacki
• Judge 54th Circuit Court — Stephen P. Harris and Michael W. Reed
• Clerk of Circuit Court — Jason F. McSherry
• County Treasurer — Sue Ann Mitchell
• County Coroner — Anthony W. Ciriello, Carl Saint and Michael D. Wilson
• County Surveyor — Richard Kemper
• County Commissioner-Northern District — Brad Jackson
• County Commissioner-Middle District — Ronald D. Truex
• County Council At-Large — Thomas L. Anglin, Robert Beer, Sean M. Boylan, Jonathan (Jon) Fussle, Robert G. (Bob) Sanders and Larry E. Teghtmeyer.
Candidates to be listed on the Democrat ballot will include:
• President —Barack Obama
• United States Senator — Joe Donnelly
• Governor — John R. Gregg
•U.S. Rep. District 2 (Turkey Creek, Van Buren, Scott, Jefferson ballots only) — Dan Morrison and Brendan Mullen
• Rep. District 3 (Tippecanoe Township ballots only) — Kevin R. Boyd, Stephen G. Hope, Justin Kuhnle, John Forrest Roberson, Tommy A. Schrader and David Sowards
• State Senate District 12 (Turkey Creek Township ballots only) — Jim Ball
• State Rep. District 22 — John Bonitati
• County Treasurer — Sarah McKinley
• County Council At-Large — Joshua Bartman and Lee Ann Brown.